Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crepes

I found a crepe recipe on Pinterest (yes, I'm addicted) anyway the recipe was pretty basic..

4 eggs
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 c sugar
1 c flour
1 c milk
1/4 c water
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt

I used my kitchen aid mixer and mixed all the ingredients together EXCEPT the flour. After all your ingredients are mixed well then you slowly start to sprinkle in your cup of flour and continue to mix until incorporated. I used a 6" pan and heated it just above medium (to be exact I put it on 6). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into skillet. I pour straight from my mixer bowl. Just make sure there is enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan with a THIN, THIN, THIN layer of batter. SWIRL pan around until bottom of pan is covered with batter. COOK for about 30 seconds, or until edges easily lift up with spatula. FLIP, COOK for 5-10 seconds. Crepe should slide right out of pan. Use wax paper between crepes. Makes about 24 crepes. After you eat, they are already separated by wax paper (I did mine as I went) so you can put in a freezer safe zip lock bag and reheat as needed. They will last about 2 months in the freezer and are easy to reheat. Just take out the same pan you cooked them in (well the same size) heat up the dry pan, again on 6, and cook them about 30 seconds or until warm and serve how ever you want. I usually do Nutella with Splenda sprinkled on top or cream cheese with Splenda sprinkled on top. Enjoy!🍴





No comments:

Post a Comment